I am currently available to undertake freelance writing work including media content creation, technical and operational writing, scribing services, and anything else requiring well written and edited content.
On top of my creative writing skills, I also have eleven years of experience working in the Australian Public Service as:
- Senior Programme Officer
- Senior Policy Officer
- Senior Project Officer, and
- Branch and Governance Coordinator.
I have a Baseline Security clearance and primarily worked as an APS6 and EL1.
During my time with the APS I gained experience in the following:
- Development and maintainance of project and programme documentation including Project Management Plans, project status reporting, Business Continuity Plans, Business Specifications, Business Requirements, process maps and procedures, strategy documentation;
- Development and implementation of project and programme communications including strategy and target plans, website content, social media content, media talking points and holding lines, operational training materials (quick reference guides, scripting, fact sheets etc), form template design, letter templates, correspondence, presentations, style guides and preferred wording, and key messaging to stakeholders;
- Development and coordination of project and programme ministerial and parliamentary briefings and documentation including Senate Estimates documentation, Question Time Briefings, and Minutes to the Minister;
- Development and publication of programme related Annual Reports (including the Healthcare Identifiers Annual Report 2014/15);
- Stakeholder engagement including internal and external, and government and non-government stakeholders; and
- Coordination of large scale edits, reviews, audits, stock takes, plans, reports and high level responses to requests for information.
I understand how different audiences respond, and how their needs reflect the type of correspondence required. I am well versed in technical speak and can understand technical documents from a business perspective, which I am then able to transfer to ‘plain English’ communications with little background knowledge.
I have extensive experience in producing content that aligns to departmental and Government brand guidelines and style guides. I have developed a lot of communication material, both internal and external and know that these guidelines must be adhered to, to protect customers from any miscommunication.
I am a good communicator who always gets my message across in a positive and constructive manner. I have broad and valuable verbal and written communication skills from my dealings with customers, stakeholders, peers and supervisors.