writer, editor, screenwriter, script editor, story developer, and aps professional
I have over 12 years experience in the Australian Public Service (the APS) specialising in health policy, program and project roles, and I’ve been working on my side-business/passion in screenwriting and script editing for the last five year.
ministerial and executive level writing
annual report writing
writing and editing
high level report writing
plain english and customer based writing
department of health
2019 – present
Senior Policy Officer (APS6 – Contractor)
MBS Review Taskforce
department of human services
2008 – 2017
Senior Project Officer (APS6)
- Develop and maintain project documentation for the Prescription Shopping Program Alert Service Automation Project, including Project Management Plan, Project Business Case, Project Schedule and Requirements.
- Develop and implement project communications including website content, operational materials (scripting, fact sheets etc), letters, correspondence and key messaging to stakeholders.
- Liaise with and organise workshops for internal and external stakeholders, including departmental ICT sections and peak bodies for Pharmaceuticals.
- Coordinate a large-scale review of existing and required governance documentation across PBS related programs and Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) related policy areas.
- Develop governance documentation required to fill any gaps found during review – including process maps, procedures and business specifications.
Senior Programme Officer (APS6) and acting Assistant Director (EL1)
- Coordinate the development and amendment of operational communication materials and guides following the decision to list new medicines on the PBS, changes in PBS Authority Approval policy, or as the result of feedback from healthcare professionals. Materials included forms, letters, information guides, web content, any related internal or external media, and Ministerial and Ombudsman briefing requests.
- Monitor the Branch’s ‘operational readiness’ in relation to PBS listing implementation dates to schedule work as appropriate.
- Develop standard wording, preferred terms and information guides about the PBS for internal use and for stakeholders to reference.
Other roles at DHS:
eHealth (also known as eBusiness)
- eHealth Branch Coordinator (also did this role in Pharmaceutical Benefits)
- Healthcare Identifiers Service Annual Report Coordinator
- Healthcare Identifiers Senior Project Officer and acting Assistant Director
- Medicare Online Services Senior Programme Officer and Acting Assistant Manager
department of employment
2018 – 2019
Senior Policy Officer (APS6 – Contractor)
- Develop promotional and announcement material encouraging better use of data for dissemination to staff on behalf of the department’s Data Champion.
- Develop executive briefings and meeting papers for the Data Champion, data related committees, and relevant executive about data activities and initiates within the department and the Government.
- Develop communications plan and forward communications agenda for the Data Champion over 2018/19.
- Develop and implement communications plan to promote the Department’s participation in GovHack 2018.
Senior Program and Policy Officer (APS6 – Contractor)
Jobseeker Accessibility and Eligibility / Jobseeker Assessment
- Coordinate departmental stakeholders to facilitate the design, creation, and take up of a centralised data request point for the department – an online request form function that delivers requests to 30+ areas.
- Undertake employment services and jobactivepolicy work, including the development of guidelines and procedures, project planning, process mapping, and meeting papers.
- Develop employment services and jobactivebriefings, ministerial correspondence responses, and Senate Estimates documentation.
- Conduct data analysis of job seekers and develop reporting for Executive on matters such as job seeker behaviour and length of unemployment, and correlations between incidents and job seeker demographics.
- Develop and maintain accessible forms for various policy and programs.
- Develop research proposal on ethical digital servicing of job seekers.
2015 – present
Find out more about my creative work:
australian film television and radio school
I have three Advanced Diplomas from the Australian Film Television and Radio School:
- Screenwriting for Feature Film (2015)
- Screenwriting for TV Series (2016)
- Script Editing and Development (2017)
- Essential Writing Skills for APS 5 – 6
- Writing for the Web
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Project Management
- Analyse and Present Research Information
- Collaborative Policy Formulation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Ministerial Writing
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Introduction to Process Improvement Techniques
- Learning About Design
- Grammar and Punctuation in APS Writing
- Presentation Skills
- Senate Estimates Training
- Consequential Thinking
- Managing APS Writing
- Business Analyst training
Year 10 – Caroline Chisholm High School
Year 12 – Erindale College
- Content Creation for Mobile Devices
- Intro to Documentary
- Documentary Masterclass
- Girls on Film
- Writing for Science Fiction
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- Mastering the Plot with Stephen Cleary